Friday 29 January 2016

Abstract passion - "Each painting paves the way for the next painting" (Robert Wilson)

Hello
Its been a while since I posted but I have been busy working towards an exhibition in March and an exciting project which I am hoping will come off. My work has taken an abstract turn the last few months - and I have  been really enjoying this. I can see the tree studies I have been doing feeding into this work. "Each painting paves the way for the next painting" a quote from the video (link below)

Here is  a large painting recently completed as yet untitled.



At the end of this post is a link to a short filmed interview with Robert Wilson- worth a look if you only listen to the first 30 seconds! 


Here are a few more


 
I am trying to respond to basic mark making and my love of colour and not let anything else interfere - which is harder than it looks. I wonder how many images are stored on the hard drive of my brain - a staggering number I should think. Consider how many films where you can remember exactly what happens next, or the story line - that means that your brain has stored all those individual frames somewhere - let alone the images from every day of your life! Well these images from the semi and subconscious mind filter through and in my case often try to turn the painting figurative. I have to catch them "No, I don't want to make it look like a tree this time!" 

























Click here for the Robert Wilson Interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment